The Art of Disclosing Your Disability is a guide for people with disabilities who are applying for jobs. It is a resource to help people think about how to talk about disability-related job issues during a job interview.
It is written in a question and answer format.
The guide answers these 10 questions:
- What are the benefits to me of bringing up the subject of my disability in an interview?
- What is a reasonable accommodation?
- How do I know if I need a reasonable accommodation?
- What if I cannot do one of the “marginal” functions of the job?
- What if I feel that the employer does not have a right to know about my disability?
- When does the issue of my disability come up in an interview?
- How do I know whether to bring it up or not?
- How do I bring it up?
- What if I want my counselor or job developer to bring it up for me?
- What does my job counselor need to know?