This fact sheet from the Research and Training Center on Promoting Interventions for Community Living (RTC/PICL) talks about Social Support and Networking.
This fact sheet shares information about:
- the three types of social support: emotional, instrumental, and informational
- how networking can help build your social support network
- tips for staying safe on the internet
- improving your social skills
- resources to learn more about social support and networking
Reaching out to others can be scary, but the people you already know can help you make new friends.
The RTC/PICL is a partnership of The University of Kansas Research and Training Center on Independent Living and The University of Montana Research and Training Center on Disability in Rural Communities.