This is a set of maps that shows information about disability. The maps show the rates of disability for every county in the United States.
There are maps for many topics, including veterans, poverty, and employment. There are also maps for different kinds of disability including hearing, seeing, walking, cognitive, self-care and independent living.
These maps were created from information collected through the American Community Survey.
Index of Maps
- Maps of Disability Rates Across America
- Maps of Disability by Gender
- Maps of Disability Rates – Vision Difficulty
- Maps of Disability Rates – Hearing Difficulty
- Maps of Disability Rates – Cognitive Difficulty
- Maps of Disability Rates – Mobility Difficulty
- Maps of Disability Rates – Self-Care Difficulty
- Maps of Disability Rates – Independent Living Difficulty
- Maps of Disability and Veterans
- Maps of Disability and Poverty Rates
- Maps of Disability and Employment Rates
- Maps of OMB Rural-Urban County Classifications
- Maps of Other Rural Designations
We strive for full accessibility of our materials. Text descriptions and, where possible, links to data files are included on the following map pages. Additional accessibility features are currently in development for these maps. Please contact us for updates, to request alternative formats, or if you have ideas for further development of accessibility features.
This work is part of the RTC:Rural Geography of Disability Project.
You may also be interested in viewing the charts available on the Geography of Rural Disability Research Findings Page.